Monday 26 January 2015

This one goes out to the one I love

So for some reason for the last two days I've come over all soppy, and am realising just how lucky I am to have the people that I have in my life. If I had to tot up the collective hours spent texting, face timing, and phoning my beautiful people back home (and dotted round the country in various unis) I would be dealing with a very large number (which scares me because maths is not my strong point, hello English degree). Thank god for free iMessage and FaceTime, and unlimited minutes ey! 

If I was making a speech right now I would be raising a glass to my mum. God bless her, we argue till the cows come home when I'm back home, but even still I will always come to her for advice. We once spent a solid 4 and a half hours on the phone (ironically the same time as it takes me to get back to wales on the train) just talking about...well nothing of importance actually. I look forward to our phone calls each week, and her cute text in between always make me laugh. When I ring her with a problem, or just to rant, I know I can count on her to rant on my behalf and come with a beautiful solution to whatever the problem may be (sometimes it's just a case of adding garlic to my pasta sauce). She rocks my world and I want to be even just as half as fabulous as her when im a mother. 

Next is my long suffering other half. He constantly has to deal with my moods, emotional melt downs and irrational rants despite him being 200 miles away- despite the grief I sometimes give him I don't know how I would cope without him. Our daily FaceTime and constant texting lighten my mood everyday second of the day. Being away has only made us stronger- and I'm so grateful to have such a loyal, trusting and patient other half. I look forward to our weekends and weeks together- I have a count down on my calendar ( 4 days til our next one).

Lastly (because I would be here for hours if I had to list everyone) is my main gal. Charl is the beautiful being that has the good fortune to be my bestie! She listens to my rants and rants with me. She calls me in tears and I drunkenly announce my undying love for her on a regular basis. Again, our ridiculously long phone calls are the highlight of my day- and our inside jokes,amazing memories and endless laughter is the product of 6 amazing years of friendship. 

Not to mention the girls here in uni who make this whole thing worth it! I'm in a loving mood and I'm happy to have such amazing people in my life. If you're reading this, you're probably one of them, so thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment