Saturday 24 January 2015

Busy, busy bee

So I feel pretty bad about the fact that I've been back in Uni for 2 weeks and I have yet to post a single blog post. Oops. So what's been going on with me.... Everything, pretty much.

Housemates, welcome
So, possibly the most exciting news of all is that we have signed the tenancy agreement for our house next year. A whole week of some very...interesting house viewings and we finally found the one we all wanted. We saw the house on Monday but held off until new saw the ones we had booked to view on Thursday. But about half way into the houses on Thursday it was preeettttyyy clear that we wouldn't be taking any of them. I have seen some sights in rented house but these were just appalling. Dated and stained carpets, kitchens which were smaller than my wardrobe (not even joking) and mould ridden bathrooms drove us to cut short the viewings and go straight to the state agents from Monday and put our names done instantly. The deposit was much more than expected so it leaves me extremely short of money for the next few months but it's all totally worth it. Being in a house with the girls next year will be amazing!

We're all going on a summer holiday 
January is aways the time when everyone feels miserable and instantly reaches for the first holiday brochure they can put their hands on...and I'm afraid I was one of them this year. After searching through website after website we found Lanzarote- and the most amazing looking hotel there. We go 4 days after my exam in May and I am just so excited!!

Back to reality
Practically as soon as i came back from my lovely christmas holiday I had 2 pieces of coursework to hand in within the space of 4 days, so I was pretty busy referencing, researching and more referencing. I'm not sure how I feel about the essays I wrote but I'm trying to tell myself that it's a learning curve, and whatever happens with my results I will see it as a way in which I can improve.
However as soon as I had handed the 2 pieces of coursework in  (after celebrating of course) it soon hit me how much I missed Sam. Before I came back to Manchester I was pretty worried that my first few days here would be filled with misery after missing Sam. But it was actually delayed about a week. As soon as the reunions with the girls and the coursework were out the way I started to miss the little things that I had been used to for the 3 weeks I was home. But I realised that all it meant was that I just had to get used to being away from him again- and I think this week I have. It helps when I think about the next time we see each other, and plan to do nice things when we do. Its hard, but like I've always said, the time we have together makes up for the distance.

Kicking my own butt into action
Over the christmas holidays I promised myself that I would start to focus on my writing and reading a bit more. After the excitement of the first term I sort of neglected my writing- excluding the stuff i wrote for assignments- and I promised myself that this term would be different. However so far this term I haven't quite kept my promise. Next week will be different though. I will endeavour to devote some time to writing, and 'me time' a little bit more.


No comments:

Post a Comment